Bloggers, writers, videographers – take note!
We’re pleased to announce an opportunity for you to join the TckTckTck team at the Rio +20 Earth Summit this June and be part of an event that could, if successful, chart a course to a sustainable future. TckTckTck is looking for a climate-smart blogger or videographer to be part of our on-the-ground team in Rio; to help us share stories and keep climate change and renewable energy on the agendas of world leaders. Want to be that person? Enter to win TckTckTck’s Rio Blogger Prize.
What is the Rio Blogger Prize?
For one lucky blogger or videographer, the Rio Blogger Prize is the trip of a lifetime. He or she will join the TckTckTck team in Rio for the Earth Summit in June. The prize includes round-trip economy class airfare, accommodation, accreditation to Rio +20 and a daily per diem. During your time in Rio, you’ll be joining influential activists, journalists, politicians and world leaders as they discuss how to bring the world into a sustainable energy future. There are countless stories to be told and experiences to be had – everything from learning about clean energy solutions from the experts who designed them to hearing about personal experiences of climate change impacts from the people who endure them. All these, and more, are waiting for you. So what are you waiting for?
Easy to enter, amazing to win
Once you’ve determined if you meet the criteria to enter the Rio Blogger Prize contest, the rest of the process is very simple. Here’s all you need to do:
- Fill out the entry form with your contact information, and you’ll receive email instructions for confirming your registration and submitting a post to the contest.
- Your blog or video should pertain to the Rio Summit or one of our core campaign issues or climate solutions. You’re welcome to repurpose an old blog. Just make sure it’s your best stuff, and the link is permanently accessible on the web. Also include a link-back to the Tck website and/or a Tck logo to help identify it as an official entry. Feel free to use these media assets for your post [1, 2, 3, 4].
- Submit your link on the Tck Facebook page before Friday, 23 MARCH 2012 at 11:59 p.m. UST. Alternatively (if you don’t have a Facebook page) you can email your link to rioprize [at] tcktcktck [dot] org.
- On 2 APRIL, 2012 we will announce 10-15 finalists for the Rio+20 Blogger Prize as selected by a panel of Tck partners, allies and staff. Successful entrants will be notified via Email, Twitter & Facebook.
- Finalists will be asked to submit an original work, 500 word count (or max 3 minute video) on a topic TBD related to Rio+20 and the Earth Summit no later than 9 APRIL, 2012. The blogs will be posted on TckTckTck.org.
- Finalists will be encouraged to use their social networks to drive traffic to their entries and facilitate discussion during the during the period 10 APRIL, 2012 through 15 APRIL, 2012.
- A jury of notable bloggers, NGO leaders, and environmental experts will select the winning blog or video based on its editorial quality (50%), traffic generation (25%) and quality of discussion (25%). The winner will be notified on 20 APRIL, 2012 by 11:59pm UST via email, Twitter and/or Facebook. Two runners-up will be selected in the event the winner cannot make the trip.
For more information and contest details please read the full Rules & Regulations.
The Rio +20 organizers say ‘The future is yours.” We say make it count! Fill out the Rio Prize entry form to get started.
More info on this link: http://tcktcktck.org/2012/02/win-your-way-to-the-rio-20-earth-summit/