MALAYSIAN National Animal Welfare Foundation Canine Sportzclub’s guidelines for owners:This signboard Section 6/14 warns the public that there is a penalty of RM2,000, one year’s jail, or both, for bringing pets to the park.
1. Owners should bring a scoop and plastic bag along to clean up their pets’ waste and dispose of it appropriately.
2. Restrain dogs immediately when they become agitated, aggressive to others, dig holes or damage public property.
3. Bring ample water, food and bowls for dogs. Feed them in shady area.
4. Dogs must be registered with the local authority and wear an identification tag.
5. Pet owners age 12 and below should be accompanied by adults.
6. Owners are discouraged from bringing four-month-old puppies to the park as they will create excitement, especially among female dogs.
7. Owners should have their dogs vaccinated before taking them out in public.
8. Owners should keep their dogs on leash near them.
9. Dogs visiting a park for the first time, should be muzzled to prevent them from biting or barking at others.
10. It is advisable for owners to wear appropriate attire for better movement.